Uniform in reference to clothing is defined in the dictionary as, ‘The distinctive clothing worn by members of the same organization or body.’ Many industries, businesses, and even start-ups use uniforms for their employees. The psychology of using uniforms is not just to create an environment of equality. Let's read the Advantages Of Wearing Uniform At Work.
The advantages of wearing uniform at work are many.
- Equality-The basic purpose that the uniform serves is to bring equality to employees irrespective of their personal backgrounds. Being in a uniform, the employees do not bother about their social status and work together, creating a cohesive work environment.
- Increases unity and team spirit- This is seen mainly in sports where the members of a team feel proud to wear their uniform; it makes them work together. The uniform is a reminder that they represent a team, have a common goal and they need to work towards it together. The same psyche works with employees too. The uniform gives them a sense of equality binds them together, increases their team spirit, resulting in increased performance.
- Effective marketing strategy- A uniform that has the company name and logo functions as an advertising medium. When the employees interact with customers or with other businesses, or in public, the uniform helps spread awareness about the company.
- Brand building- Like the logo of the company, the uniform can be used for brand building. Uniforms in sync with the colours of the logo of a company, increase awareness about the brand. Slowly, the company starts getting recognized by the employees’ uniforms. This is mainly beneficial in service-providing companies, where the employees have constant interaction with the customers.
- The professional image-The manner in which employees present themselves is very important for the business. With uniforms, the company does not have to worry about inappropriate dressing due to the personal dressing style of the employees. The uniform gives a professional look which builds confidence in the customer about the company. The customers also feel that the employees are well trained and reliable.
- Identification- In supermarkets, malls, and electronic stores, where there is a large footfall, uniforms help the customers distinguish the employees from the crowd. The customer can easily seek help, thus, improving customer service.
- Provides security- Industries that have risky environments like chemical, and oil and gas; uniforms are made of materials that protect the employees from danger. In such industries, uniforms are mandatory as they provide safety from potential hazards.
Though uniforms may seem boring, they have many benefits. Uniforms should be designed keeping in mind comfort, functionality, and company brand values. Employees should not feel bored to wear their uniform every day. The advantages of wearing uniform at work are not just the convenience of the employer and employee but also affects the business at many levels.
Unito is a brand known for the manufacturing of uniforms, workwear, and special protective clothing. We are a 30-year-old company that has been focused on exporting high-quality clothing needs of various industries from the past decade. We now want to cater to Indian industries and serve them with clothing of superior quality and innovative designs. We are a part of Kolkata based Chandramukhi Impex Limited, which has a total workforce of 500 employees.