To a layman, coveralls and overalls seem the same- clothes are worn by workers. The basic purpose of these two is to serve as Personal Protection Equipment (PPE). But industry workers understand the difference between them. Both cannot be used interchangeably and are used in different industries for different jobs. Understanding Coveralls Vs Overalls will help you understand what your workers require.
- Coveralls are designed as a one-piece garment with full sleeves that covers the entire body from the shoulders to the ankles.
- They are loose-fitting garments worn over normal clothes or just undergarments. They have several pockets to carry tools used by the workers. Coveralls can be used with head-gear and gloves for added protection.
- They are used in a wide range of industries where workers work in extreme climates or face hazards like fire, combustible substances, or chemicals.
- Coveralls can be customized according to the industry. The material used and design can be changed according to industry needs. For example, they can be made waterproof for those who work in damp environments or made fire-resistant for firefighters,
- The range of coverall usage is wide as they can be customized. Some of the industries that use coveralls are- manufacturing workers, railway workers, road workers, pilots, astronauts, firefighters, miners, and oil and gas workers.
- They offer complete protection as they cover the entire body.
- They protect the body as well as the clothes worn underneath.
- They can be used in several industries due to their customizability.
- They can limit mobility due to their design.
- Overalls are trousers attached with a bib and shoulder straps.
- They are also known as dungarees. They are worn by normal people as a fashion statement and not just by workers.
- They are worn along with only a shirt or a complete set of clothes. They have pockets on the bib and the trousers to carry essentials required by the workers.
- Overalls are used in industries that are not high-risk. They are mainly used to protect the clothing from damage during work. The material used in making the overalls may increase the level of protection but not be effective completely in high-risk situations.
- Some of the industries that use overalls are- painters, carpenters, farmers, supervisors at construction sites.
- They provide a good range of mobility for workers.
- Overalls do not protect against environmental conditions or industry hazards.
- They do not provide full-body protection due to their design.
- They cannot be customized according to the industry needs.
The decision between using Coveralls Vs Overalls should be made upon the basis of the level of protection needed for the workers of the industry. The fabric and design of these PPEs should be made according to the industry needs. It is important that the workers are provided with the right working gear for protecting them as well as the products and environment.
Unito is a brand known for the manufacturing of uniforms, workwear, and special protective clothing. We are a 30-year-old company that has been focused on exporting high-quality clothing needs of various industries from the past decade. We now want to cater to Indian industries and serve them with clothing of superior quality and innovative designs. We are a part of Kolkata based Chandramukhi Impex Limited, which has a total workforce of 500 employees.